Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Thus the theme of Caleb's 1st birthday.

We were up in New Jersey to celebrate, and with his schedule off kilter, he was a bit tempermental. We spent part of his birthday at the lake; he had a blast in the sand and splashing around in the water as usual. Later on, we had a shindig at my sister's. I'd call his party a success, as we got through play-time and dinner without any drama. My mistake for trying to put on his birthday hat though, because that set him into a tizzy. He cried thoughout the happy birthday song, and during the much anticipated cake eating segment. He had been overstimulated all day, and we didn't get around to cake until 7:30 (his usual bedtime), so we tried taking the cake outside with a much lesser crowd to see if he'd enjoy it more. Took a little coaxing, but once he finally tasted it he really went to town for a while. All in all, a great day. I get a bit emotional thinking about how fast this first year has passed. So many happy memories though, and I get so excited thinking about the many more to come. At least his birthday isn't quite over yet... we get to have another party for him in a few days with the other side of the family!

Prepare yourselves for Birthday, Part Deux...

0 comments: