Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Chew & swallow"

The title comes from an old family saying. I guess it comes from the need to overeat at those wonderful holiday meals. Once you're full but feel the need to keep stuffing your face, it's a chant that helps get you through those extra bites. It's rather funny... but sounds extremely odd when written down. I'll move on..

Point being, that's been my mantra the past two weeks. Pregnancy does such incredibly odd things to your body. The complete loss of wanting to eat, but the complete need to eat every twenty minutes so I won't keel over from starvation. It's a cycle. Everything I smell makes me sick, but I have to suck it up and get the food in! It's gotten increasingly difficult to make lunches for my son, because the mere sight of grilled cheese, or most anything else for that matter, makes me gag non-stop. By dinner time I'm usually curled up in the fetal position on the couch while Brian lovingly offers to make dinner. I've been so impressed with his cooking abilities this past week! So, aside from the nausea morning til night, I'm just tired. Always tired. All I ever want to do is sleep, but I never get enough.

In other news... Caleb got another haircut this week. I took my banana to the hair salon, and prayed that I didn't up-chuck on the floor the whole time, but I made it through! It's much shorter this time... which definitely makes him look more like his daddy. I can't believe he's 17 months already. Now when strangers ask me how old he is I say "almost 1 1/2". Maybe that's only a big deal to me, but it is. He's saying new words everyday.... and up to about 50 now. After 6 months of constantly learning new words, on Valentines Day I FINALLY heard one of the words I've been dying to hear. Mommy. Now he says it all the time. I just love the sounds of it. Of course it sounds more like "Maaaiiiyy" if that makes any sense, but I love it. There are going to be a lot of changes going on this summer for my little guy before his new brother or sister comes. Two being: switching to a toddler bed & the dredded 'taking away of the pacifier'.
I'm going to end this awkwardly abrupt. Hunger just struck me, and I may die if I don't eat within the next 45 seconds. To be continued...

0 comments: