Sunday, June 1, 2008

The clock keeps on tickin'...









Today is Caleb's 9 month 'day', and after doing the math, I also realized that yesterday marked his 39th week post birth. I was pregnant for 39 weeks, so as of today he's been out of me longer than he was in me (sorry I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to say that). Maybe I'm the only one that this seems significant to, but I don't like how fast the days keep going by.

This afternoon we finally made it to the Salisbury Zoo-- which I'd chalk up as a great experience. Sure I had a melt-down in the car afterwards because multiple bugs had planned their brilliant escape via our clothing, but I can see myself taking Caleb back. He loved the flamingos.

Oh, and if you didn't listen to the song with my slideshow (see post below), I'd highly recommend listening to it. I still cry everytime I hear it, and I've found myself singing it during those times I'm just staring at the clock wanting the day to end.


"You're gonna miss this.
you're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times,
so take a good look around.
You may not know it now,
but you're gonna miss this."

1 comments:

carla said...

That's so funny. Aliza loved the flamingos the first time I took her to the zoo.