Friday, January 30, 2009

Guess who's back...

I had hoped I'd never have to say this, but Caleb's MRSA has returned. It's different this time though, so different.
When this struck us 10 months ago he was sick, the abscess looked awful, and the whole dredded event went from nothing to surgery based within 72 hours. This time he's fine. Seems healthy & happy, and his infection is quite small. Still, the culture tested positive, so he's on two antibiotics to kick it before it gets worse. I'm just so surprised because Brian and I believed it would come back negative. He had two little pimples at the top of his diaper area, which just stuck around for about 5 days without getting smaller/less irriated, so I decided to be proactive and get it cultured. After they stuck the needle in to get the sample, the pimples both lost all inflammation, and started to look like nothing more than a little scab. We figured since they looked like they were healing, there was no way that awful bacteria could be lurking around in his body again. Anywho, he's sleeping soundly, medicated, and it should be gone within the week.
My poor baby. Even though he isn't hurting this time, it still hurts me. I can't stop thinking that this is something he'll have to battle with the rest of his life. I hate to think of that. I continue to pray that God will heal him permanently though. That the MRSA will leave our house forever. I know there's a purpose in all of this.... I just wish it was clear and I could see it. Sometimes I think God's purpose for hurt is just to get you on your knees though. It's working. I wish it didn't take my son's health for me to realize I need to pray without ceasing.

So, there's my update. Pray for my little boy to be healed. While you're at it, pray for someone that you haven't in a while as well :-)
My next post will be happier. Promise.

0 comments: