Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No title could explain my love for life...

Before Caleb was born, the obsessive-compulsive part of me worried that I wouldn't be able to deal with the simple "everyday messes" well. Dirtyness tends to stress me out in an extreme way, but I didn't want to be one of those parents whos kid had to look "perfect" at all times. To my surprise, this has now become pure perfection in my eyes. Thanks to God for bringing my neuroticisms under control :-)
Though the past week has been quite sleep deprived, I'm learning to relish every moment of it. The little guy's recently been waking up 3-5x a night... but I'd be uncomfortable too if I had two little teeth poking through my gums. One has finally cut through... the other just moments away. I've tried to get pictures of this momentous event, but it's proven hard considering he's now constantly crawling everywhere. Shoes seem to be his preferred destination, and no matter where I put them... he finds them. I absolutely love watching Caleb discover new things. There's no greater feeling than seeing the smile he gives me as he accomplishes something new.

In summation: I absolutely adore my son, I love my husband to the fullest, and though I'm undeserving, God blesses my life in miraculous ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meghan.
Your post today tugs at my heart. I am so happy for you and the blessing that Caleb is to both you and Brian. I can only hope that one day I might understand what you're feeling. ;oP
Not yet though. I think babies still frighten Chris. Have a fabulous Wednesday!
~Kristin

Christie said...

Love this post! So refreshing to hear the love you have for your family even when sleep deprived! Very uplifting :)