Saturday, July 26, 2008

My poor little sick boy :-(

Last night marked our 3rd straight night of Caleb hurling up everything in his stomach. Poor thing. After being up since 3:30 with him the night before, we were all hoping to go to bed early last night. But of course, as I'm on my way upstairs at 9 with hopes of getting comfy in my bed... the screaming and puking starts up again. Brian got the World's Greatest Husband award for sticking with us and being there for him while he was sick. I know many men who would've just let their woman handle it themselves and would've stayed in bed. Not mine :-) So, after everything emptied his poor little tummy, he ended up zonking out just moments later in the position shown above. We couldn't bring ourselves to wake him, so Brian sat like this (with puke chunks all over his legs) for at least an hour. Thankfully, that was the last of it, and he ended up sleeping the rest of the night.... & so far all has been well this morning. He was mad at me for giving him Pedialyte instead of his bottle this morning (what our nurse said to do), so I caved in and gave him a piece of toast too. Sick kids are tough though! I'm emotionally spent after these past few nights... I can't even fathom how I'll be able to take the years of sicknesses to come. Phew.

0 comments: